So the actual title of this award is the Reality Award. It’s odd that I would be nominated for it, because I try to spend as much time as possible outside of any reality other than my own.
But the award isn’t really about reality anyway. It’s an acronym (look at me using big fancy words) for Real, Energizing, Amazing, Lovely, Inspiring, Touching, and Yippee!
Don’t believe me? Want proof? Here it is:
I don’t know how much of any of those things my blog is, but someone apparently thinks my blog is enough of at least some of those things to merit an award.
(Personally, I think the Yippee! was added for the sole purpose of having an acronym that spelled out a word, but what do I know. I didn’t create it.)
As with most awards, this one has some rules. These ones are meant to be broken however. Let’s see what they are…
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Display the award on your blog somewhere
3. Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back to them.
4. Answer the 5 simple questions about yourself.
5. Nominate as many as 20 bloggers for this award and notify them.
Well of course I visited the blogger who nominated me. How else would I know what the rules are? And since I already failed to break the first and second rule already, does that mean I broke the rule that these rules are meant to be broken? Does that even make sense?
Anyway, as long as I’m breaking rules by not breaking the rules, I’d like to thank Controlled Chaos for nominating this thoroughly confusing yet completely awesome award today. Go ahead and take a peek at her blog here: http://theillusionofcontrolledchaos.wordpress.com/
Now I’m supposed to not answer 5 questions about myself (questions selected by Controlled Chaos), so I will.
1. What… is your favorite color?
– Blue! No, Green! AAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding. I did not get flung into a ravine. My favorite color is the color of a clear sky at dawn, just before the sun rises. It’s an intense pale blue/gray kinda color.
2. If your life could be like any book you’ve ever read, which one would you choose?
– Pandora’s Star. If I was rich. Then I could live forever. Or Harry Potter, but only if I’m a wizard. No fun being a Muggle in a world full of magic. Since I’m not rich and I doubt I’m magical, I would say Lord of the Rings. Don’t need to be rich or magical to have crazy adventures in Middle Earth. Just crazy. Crazy I can do.
3. Would you want to be a specific character in that book or just be who you are now living in that time/place/setting?
– Me but rich if I was in Pandora’s Star. I’d like to be Gandalf in Harry Potter’s world. Gandalf would seriously kick some ass over there. In Lord of the Rings, I’d like to be Spiderman. Not Peter Parker though. He’d probably whine a lot if he found himself in Middle Earth and wouldn’t have any fun at all. Me, but Spiderman. In Middle Earth. Awesome. I’d probably wouldn’t use the costume though.
4. Which you prefer to live in the DC Universe or the Marvel Universe?
– Marvel. At least I know where all the cities are. If anybody figures out where Metropolis or Gotham City are, let me know. I can’t locate them on the map. (Though there is a Gotham in the UK. I’m thinking it’s not where Batman hangs out.)
5. What super power or powers would you most like to have?
– “or powers”? As in plural? Hope you’ve got a minute. Or an hour… Let’s see… Super Healing powers (like Wolverine), Super Spidey Sense (like Spiderman), Super Rich (like Bruce Wayne and/or Tony Stark), Super Flying (like Superman), Super Fast (like Quicksilver), Super Flexible/Stretchy (like Mr. Fantastic), Super Invisible (like The Invisible Woman), Super Mental Powers (like Professor X), and Super Strength (like just about every superhero ever). And a Green Lantern ring. Like Green Lantern. I think that just about covers it. Maybe.
Now, I nominate “as many as 20 bloggers” to receive the award as well and provide 5 questions for them to answer. Now, coming up with 5 questions isn’t in the rules, but Controlled Chaos modified the questions from what she answered, and apparently, the blogger that nominated her changed the questions too. Not a rule, I guess, more of a tradition? Anyway, sound like fun.
So here are a few excellent bloggers I nominate for this award:
Eeh, 5 close enough to 20. Not really, I’m just lazy. Now to come up with 5 questions and see if any of them are interested/brave enough to answer any of them…
1. You want to ride your bicycle. Where are you riding it? Where are you going?
2. What is your least favorite color?
3. If you were a mountain range, which one would you be?
4. Pirates or Ninjas?
5. Have you seen the movie “Napoleon Dynamite”? Did you find it hilarious or stupid?
Some of those questions are more than one question. Whatever. I’m supposed to break the rules anyway, right?
If any of you feel brave and/or silly enough to want to answer any of these questions even if I was too lazy to nominate you, feel free to post in the comments.