Prompts for the Promptless talks about qualia this week. Qualia (or the singular, quale) refers to how we experience things. For example, two people can look at the moon, and see different things.
A lot of people see the man in the moon. But it was years and years before I ever saw the man in the moon. I saw a dragon instead. I’ve gotten a lot of weird looks when I’ve told people I see a dragon rather than man’s face.
I can now sometimes see the man in the moon, but only when I try, specifically, to see it. Most of the time, I still see a dragon. But that’s alright. I think I’ll just keep on seeing the dragon in the moon.
Oh and by the way, if you’re like me, you see “quale” and think that it is pronounced like “quail” right? Nope. Apparently, it’s two syllables. It’s more like kwah-lee or kwah-ley or something. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quale?s=t)
- For The Promptless – S. 2, E. 11 – Qualia (thequeencreative.wordpress.com)
- For The Promptless – Qualia – Sounds of silence (teepee12.com)
- living in the desert (thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com)
- Prompts for the Promptless, Season 2 Episode 11: Quale for the Common Cold (starvingactivist.wordpress.com)
- Karma’s a Bitch… (ardenrr.wordpress.com)